New Balance numeric introduces the 868, our most technically advanced shoe to date. After analyzing data collected by New Balance’s sports research lab, we designed the 868 with a dual-durometer C-Cap® midsole to provide cushioning in the high impact zones without sacrificing board feel. Fantom Tape is used to add support to the breathable mesh quarter panels.
- C-CAP® midsole provides cushioning and support
- Closed cell polyurethane (PU) insert protection provides super impact protection and consistent fit
- Fantom tape provides bonded lightweight strategic support
- FantomFit is a skeletally engineered upper that provides ultra-light support and fit. It is created by fusing two extremely thin materials with a no-sew process.
- Internal hidden toe protection for added durability
- N2® low-to-the-ground cushioning technology is a responsive, durable, sustainable cushioning system in a low-profile execution
- N-Durance® rubber compound for maximum outsole durability
- Synthetic/mesh upper