A complete re-design of the industry-leading Pulse and Element beacons brings us the new Mammut Barryvox S Avalanche Beacon with improved performance, simpler operation, and better impact resistance. Improving on a great product is never easy, but Mammut had the Swiss gnomes working overtime on the new Barryvox. With an improved, 70 meter recommended search strip (previously 50 meters), clearer visual interface, and better one-handed operation even with gloves on, the Barryvox sets a new standard in avalanche safety tools. The Barryvox S offers several useful features beyond those offered in the standard Barryvox, including: A Smart Search function that interacts with the searcher's actions while in use, simplifying the search, the ability to "unmark" marked victims, "Vital Data" transmission via W-Link, and the ability to use Lithium batteries as well as Alkaline.
Improved Display – Backlit display remains clear even when wearing polarized glasses.
Visual Interface – Shows distance, direction and number of buried subjects.
- Acoustical Search Guidance
- Circular Receiving Field – Almost identical receiving bandwidth on X and Y antennas.
- Multiple Buried Subjects – Digital signal processing separates multiple victims.
- Marking Function – Buried subjects are listed and can be marked after location.
- Search Strip Width – Mammut's industry-leading search strip width has been improved to 70 meters (100 m in analog mode).
- Receiving Range – 70 Meters Digital / 95 Meters Analog
- Reverse Direction Function – Avoids 180 degree search errors (going past the victim).
Smart Search – Interacts with the user's actions during a search, making searching simpler and more reliable.
Advanced Search Settings – Pro-search, acoustic and visual guidance, and auto-revert to SEND mode options.
3 AAA Alkaline or Lithium Batteries – At least 300 hours battery life in SEND.
BarryMount Carrying System – Adjustable and can be opened or closed with one hand.