The cartridge is an essential component of the avalanche airbag system and must be ordered separately. It is intended for sale in the USA and Canada and can be refilled by the user after any deployment using a compressor or diving cylinder. The filling pressure of the cartridge can be checked quickly and safely using a pressure gauge. The Cartridge Refill Kit and a compressed air source are required for refilling.
Flying with an avalanche airbag
The pressure cartridges used in avalanche airbags are classed as hazardous goods. Special regulations therefore apply if you wish to carry them with you on a flight. On the other hand, Mammut and Snowpulse airbag back
packs, and the individual airbag systems, can be transported without any problem.
Transportation of the pressure cartridges is governed by the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
In normal circumstances, individuals are not permitted to carry hazardous goods on board an aircraft.
However, airbag pressure cartridges are covered by a special IATA regulation permitting one cartridge per person. These special regulations are recorded in the IATA Table 2.3A.
- Aluminium cartridge filled with compressed air
- Simple, independent refilling possible
- Filling pressure can be controlled via an integrated pressure gauge
- One Refill kit (pack of 3) supplied with the product
- Compatible with the Removable Airbag System R.A.S. and Protection Airbag System as well as with Snowpulse® avalanche airbags from the winter season 2011-2012
- Available filled ex factory or empty